This afternoon I put together pieces of Not Fair, book 2 of the cozies, into one document and discovered that I have Chapter 1 and the beginning of Chapter 2. Eleven whole pages! I'm going to get a lot of the story written next week, I just know it. One thing I have to do is make sure I take notes of the things rolling around in my head so no ideas get lost.
DS finally had time to visit with me today while he brewed the next batch of Yard Games IPA. Here he's weighing out hops to put into one of the Brewer For a Day beers that's fermenting away in the brew house. It was good to see him and get to hear about Scouts with OJ and playing trombone with LC. They are so busy. I'm confident that they both just fall into bed at night and are out like a light.
Here's today's version of the Wisconsin Squirrel Report. I was entertained watching a squirrel working very hard to get corn kernels out of the horse head feeder. It's too bad I can't take a decent picture because it's sure fun to watch. Then there was this nearby squirrel cozied up to the round feeder eating suet nuggets like it was all for him.
Today was the last drawing prompt for this series of videos. It was Telephone which was pretty much fun to draw. I turned off the audio so I wasn't sure what I was drawing on the last one. Turned out it was a cellphone with app icons on the screen. And here I thought I was drawing number keys. I'll have to search out a new series of drawing videos tomorrow.
Look at what I did after lunch. I went downstairs to start the laundry (which reminds me I need to go downstairs and hang up the dry things and put the wet things in the dryer so they don't decay overnight) and carried up my suitcase. Then I started packing for my trip to The Clearing on Saturday. Saturday! It's coming at an alarming speed. I printed off 10 copies of the first chapter of Three Cheers for Murder to share with the group when it's my turn for feedback too. I think I try to do too many things at once which is why the laundry almost got forgotten.
I met a friend for coffee this morning at a place I thought was a cafe. Turned out it's a breakfast and lunch place. I expected fancy coffee (which they had) and fancy pastries (which they didn't have), but they had blueberry muffins which were tasty and went well with a mug of coffee. It's been a long time since I went out for coffee. I enjoyed it and hope to do it again.
--Barbara






1 comment:
I know you're looking forward to your week at The Clearing. Should be pretty up there this time of year. Hope you get a lot of writing done.
Post a Comment