This squirrel was determined to get at the birdseed. It was poised on the top of the patio chair, coiled, ready to spring. Then it launched itself at the feeder, clung to it while exploring ways to get some seed to eat, and finally gave up.
It didn't leave for long, though. Pretty soon the nice lady at this house refilled the feeders. When she does that, seeds and powdered suet nuggets fall onto the patio table. She leaves them there for any scavengers that come along. There's one now.
Before I filled the suet nuggets, the Red-bellied Woodpecker showed up and wasn't deterred by the lack of easily reached nuggets. It spent a lot of time moving around on the feeder until it finally was in a position to stab its beak through the mesh for a morsel. I took eight shots before it moved where I could really see it. Finally.
Leaf was the drawing prompt today. I did pretty well until she came to the maple leaf. I can't draw a maple leaf to save my soul. I start out okay and then lose it when I have to draw the other lobes of the leaf. I'd rather draw the plain, smooth sided leaves. Those I can handle.
The big news on the gratitude journal page was the new fridge. Also getting the flu shot and my arm barely hurts. Hooray!
I stepped out to take pictures of the Dad's roses that have bloomed overnight but first I had to take a picture of the little tiny yellow mums. They're so small, barely the size of a penny. I wish more of them would bloom. It'd be amazing to see the whole plant covered with flowers.
Here's the floral star of the show--Dad's roses. They bloom every year and every year I am thrilled to see and smell them. Thanks, Dad.
I had knitting tonight at DM's house and, since Tuesday was my birthday and Saturday is CS's birthday, we had cake with a little ice cream. And KE brought us flowers. Wasn't that nice of her?
I finished knitting the ribbed brim of the Pale Orange Hat and added on a couple rounds of Tangelo, a darker orange, because I don't have enough of either to knit a whole hat. So I'm making stripes.
CS brought tomato salad to share and extra tomatoes for us to take home so I stopped at Meijer to get another box of turkey bacon because I'm running low. It was very odd to be in the grocery at 10 o'clock at night. There's hardly any people in there then. I zipped in, paid, and zipped out because it was raining and late and I was tired. I'm still tired. I think I'll turn in.
--Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment