Friday, September 25, 2026

Socking

Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished knitting the leg of the Regia Summer Sock so it was time to start the heel flap. I'm impressed with myself that I figured out how to knit it without shifting to Double Pointed Needles. Hopefully I can continue on the Magic Loop circular needles if I can wrap my mind around how to do it. Maybe I can YouTube it.

 


I had a good show at New Perspective senior complex today. I sold 7 books, well, actually 6 books because I gave one copy of Christmas at Seaview to the ladies who bought The Seaview Series. I'm so glad I printed up these business card sized tallies to keep track of sales. I can just stash them in an envelope and have the info at hand when tax time rolls around.

 

Here's my display. I got a lot of compliments on my little lighted palm tree with the flamingo sunglasses holder beneath it. I repacked it all and replenished the books I sold so it's all back in the car ready for tomorrow and Sunday. 

 


There was a trio of Sparrows sharing the suet nuggets this morning. I was impressed that they tolerated each other.

 

Yesterday's gratitude journal page was a simple one.  I finally got smart and walked while I waited in the after school pick up line. I go early so I have a lot of time to wait so I walked down to that stop sign and back. I'm not the only one. The mom in the black pickup truck who parks behind me takes her wiener dog for a walk then too. Plus I got to spend a little time with LC and OJ. I do love those few minutes a couple times a week.

 


Today's drawing prompt was Shell so we drew four different seashells. I like the first three but I don't think the fourth one turned out right. Maybe next time.

 

Speaking of time, it's time for me to sign off and go to bed. I've got my alarm set for 7 o'clock which will come mighty early for one used to sleeping until 8.

--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love your display table too 😍. That lighted palm tree 🌴 is so perfect. Congrats on selling so many books.