Monday, September 7, 2026

Woohoo!

I couldn't wait to open the Chirp Books email with the list of Featured Deals this morning because my audiobook Horizon was supposed to be on there. And it was! Right there in the list of other books. I hope somebody orders it. A whole lot of somebodies.

 


A squirrel was on the suet nuggets this morning. It twined around the feeder, head up and head down, until it fell off and scampered away. 

 

And this rabbit peeked shyly around the trash can where I store birdseed. I was lucky to get its picture because it looked like it was ready to dash away at any minute. And it did just as soon as I snapped this.

 


I was nearly stumped when I drew the gratitude journal this morning. I could only think of two more things after drawing the weather report.

 

When I was drawing I looked up to see a grasshopper clinging to the patio screen. I haven't seen a grasshopper in ages and was happy to have one visit.

 


Today's drawing prompt was Cat. I'm not a cat person. I'm not a dog person either. But she said to draw cats so I drew cats. Tomorrow will be better, I hope.

 

I was invited to DS's house for supper tonight for my birthday--a little late. He made ribs, corn on the cob, salad, and DIL1's mom brought some potato wedges to bake. LC baked a chocolate cake that was to die for. I got cards, homemade and purchased, an Amazon gift card, and H & JZ gave me one of those cute kitchen towels you hang on your oven handle. It was a fun celebration.

 

cda and I did a critique zoom this morning even though it's a holiday because I'm busy tomorrow morning. She had a lot of good comments on my chapters and I hope I helped her fill in some holes in her manuscript. Then I spent some time putting new little scenes in to flesh out the story and expand other characters so the murderer isn't so easily figured out. I have a lot of work to do on that score.

--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Just saw the weather map for your part of the world and it looks like you might be in for some rain later today. The belated birthday celebration at DS's looks and sounds great.