One squirrel was on the ever-popular suet nuggets this morning. It had its body twined around the feeder just nibbling away. I also saw one investigate the horse head feeder but evidently the corn kernels have run out because it was one and done. I'll fill that tomorrow.
Paintbrush was the drawing prompt today and my inability to make things symmetrical is on full display. It's especially noticeable on the brush with the number 5 on it. Even when I take my time, I can't seem to make the right and left side match. I like making the letters though.
One little Sparrow landed on the birdbath for a drink. I keep waiting for the whole flock of them to take a communal bath like they used to do but evidently group bathing is a thing of the past. Too bad. That was fun to watch.
Yesterday's gratitude journal page was fun to draw. I was most grateful for getting those two bins of fabric out of the basement and seeing the squirrel in the horse head feeder.
I spent a lot of time working my way through the Manuscript Analysis pages, trying to make the writing align with the suggestions. I got to the end because so many things toward the end had "Great" next to them which means those things are working well. I still have two comments with flags on them to tackle but I'm happy that I've accomplished that much.
This week's flavor of Jello is orange. I'm a sucker for the citrus flavors, a mix of lemon and lime is my favorite, but orange is right up there. Cherry is okay for a palate cleanser.
This morning I called The Clearing to see if I could find out which room we'll have when we go up in two weeks. So far we've got our first choice, but that could change. I hope it doesn't but it could. KS tried to convince me to come back up in mid-October for another watercolor class with my favorite (and only) teacher, even going so far as to offer me a scholarship, but I've got commitments here that I can't ditch so I declined.
I saw on TV that there are frost warnings for 2 counties in Northern Wisconsin. *sigh* And so it begins.
--Barbara






1 comment:
Funny how something so seemingly simple as a paint brush could be a challenge to draw. But you were up for it. Good girl!
Post a Comment