Edited to add: Blogger won't let me put any photos on this post. I've tried everything I could think of to make it do my bidding to no avail. Sorry. You'll just have to read without pretty pictures. Dang.
Just now I figured out how to find out how many books total and how many of each book I've sold on Amazon in 2025 and also since I started selling books there in 2022. Last year I sold 80 books, more digital than print. Not bad. Over all, I've sold 369 books, more digital than print. I'm very happy with those numbers.
And to toot my horn even more, I checked on Chirp and have sold 58 Horizon audiobooks in the last few days for $1.99, and 9 each of Island Dreams and Anneke's Legacy for $3.99 each. All these numbers make me very happy indeed. I am not figuring out how much I've spent having the audiobooks narrated. That would only make me sad. Very sad.
I took a little time this morning to draw yesterday's gratitude journal. I was most grateful to get the first corrected Sailing the Seas cover to approve.
I was even more grateful to get the final files this afternoon which allowed me to go on Kindle Direct Publishing and publish the digital and paperback of Sailing the Seas. As soon as possible, I ordered author copies hoping against hope that they'd arrive before my shows on September 25, 26 & 27. When I first filled in the number of copies, it said they'd be shipped in 10 days and arrive in time. When I made my order, it said they'd arrive between Oct. 1-6. Gah! Let's hope they come sooner rather than later. I can't afford to buy more than the first one at full price.
This afternoon I was waiting for a phone call to tell me when my new fridge was on the way. It never came. The first thing I knew about it was the backup beeper of the delivery truck in my driveway. Yikes! I was relying on that phone call to give me a chance to empty the fridge and freezer. So when the delivery guy knocked on the door, I'd just started unloading it. Man, I had a lot of stuff in there. Way more than I thought I had. Luckily I'd carried up my three big laundry baskets, some blankets, and big beach towels so I could line the baskets and cover them to keep the cold in a little better.
This is the new fridge. It's just a freezer up top and fridge below basic model in white. It was on sale. The fancy colored ones weren't. I don't need a colored fridge, just one that works and doesn't turn the fridge shelves into wading pools. When I called Whirlpool afterward to register it, the guy asked me about the fridge it replaced. He was impressed when I said that it had been 22 years old but he was blown away when I told him that my clothes dryer is 48 years old and still going strong. He said he wished he was 22 again but I was 53 years past 22 and didn't want to go back. He tried to flatter me into buying the extended warranty but I resisted. Us old broads have sales resistance, especially when we'd spent 42 years married to a salesman.
Here's one more Dad's rose picture. The rose bush is having a bit of an explosion lately. I don't mind.
I met my writing friend, GBB, at Legacy Hotel for lunch today and DIL1 came down to show us where the Untitled Town book fair would be held. We had excellent food and then I got to show off my beautiful daughter-in-law. Win-win!
--Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment