And the large lily bud that peeked out behind the Stella d'Oro lily I posted yesterday opened today to take the place of yesterday's flower. I forgot to look to see if the little bud next to it had gotten big enough to open tomorrow. I'll wait and be surprised.
There was a nice bee on the pink sedum that held still long enough to have its picture taken. I don't remember if the bees that go out seeking nectar are boys or girls, but I think they're boys. Drones, I think. Nope, I'm wrong. I just looked it up. The bees that collect nectar and pollen are girls that have stingers and make honey. The drones are boys. They don't have stingers and their only job is to mate with the queen bee. Tough work.
On the bronze sedum there was also a lone bee busily collecting nectar. She did not hold still. I had to try to take her picture as soon as she landed because she was on a mission.
Funnily enough, Bee was the drawing prompt today and I loved it. I always say that the Bee is my spirit animal because B is my initial. In the olden days when we had a pool in the backyard, I used to make everyone in the family two swimsuits each year and I always sewed on a little embroidered bee on the left side near the leg, like the Izod gator.
I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday and especially like that I mentioned the beautiful full moon because no matter how hard I try I can not take a decent picture of it with my phone or my camera.
The squirrel was back curled around the round feeder. For some reason the metal part didn't slide down to cover the ports so it was gobbling up seed as fast as its little jaws could move.
I got a haircut! I went to the salon, C was there to greet me, and it only took her half an hour or so to cut my hair. Maybe forty minutes, not more than an hour like my previous stylist, and she was on time. I like what she did with my hair and made an appointment to go back in four weeks. She even showed me how to make my curls stick around longer and told me about a product I could buy to help them stick around. I always wanted curly hair and the older I get, the curlier my hair gets. It doesn't stay curly for long because my hair is too fine to hold onto them, but if I can encourage the curls, I want to.
Then I got to pick LC and OJ up after their piano lessons and take them home. LC gave me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and some pants that need the waistband taken in to take home. Instead of sitting in the car waiting, I walked around the block. *pats self on back* OJ hopped in the car when I got there because his lesson ends first and he knelt on the back seat to look at the box of my books asking, "Meemaw, which one of your books can I read?" So I told him Christmas at Seaview because I let LC read it a couple weeks ago, it's short, and there's nothing a kid can't read about in there.
--Barbara







3 comments:
Apparently we aren't alone thinking the weather is crazy this year. Your backyard flowers are confused too.
P.S. Had to delete my earlier comment. Too many missed-spelled words.
Post a Comment