Thursday, January 19, 2023

Not So Much

We only got 3.5 inches of snow overnight, below the lowest total they predicted, and it stuck around 34 degrees all day so it was melting off of everything as the day went on. I could have waited until today to go to the library and the places that cancelled things could have gone ahead with plans but they were saying we were in for "snowmageddon" so we battened down the hatches and took cover. Someplace up north got 10.75 inches of snow. That's a lot.



I used the snowblower to clear the driveway because the stuff was the wet, heavy kind of snow that I wish we'd had before Christmas for IM to play in and make snowballs with. He wanted to have a snowball fight in the worst way and the dry, powdery snow didn't cooperate.


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Downy Woodpecker. That's one bird that visits the feeders quite often so I had a little idea what it was supposed to look like. It turned out okay.



Then next in 10-Steps: Everyday Things was a bike. I can't tell you how many times I erased and redrew the wheels trying to get them round but I ended up with the lumpy ones you see here. It would be a very bumpy ride.


I decided to give the shawl a break and cast on a toe cap in worsted yarn on size 8 needles this evening. I promise that I won't let the shawl languish for long. Cross my heart. But I just needed something different, something smaller with bigger tools, something with the end in sight, to knit.


Today turned out to be a writing day. I managed to eke out 745 words in an hour or so and I even like some of them. Actually I like a lot of them, especially the last sentence of the scene.

And it's snowing again. Maybe we'll hit the 4" mark after all.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Snowmageddon!! What a word!! But it does look pretty on the feeders in your yard.