Wednesday, January 25, 2023

All the Making

I had a very productive day in the making department. But first, I managed to snap a picture of a Chickadee that's in focus. Yay, me! I was in the middle of my yoga practice and this Chickadee landed and stayed on the feeder long enough for me to complete a pose and snap this before time to get into the next pose.



I went to the birdseed store the other day and hadn't put the bags of seed out in the cans so I did that this morning and while I was out there I tossed a scoop of peanuts onto the snow. I was too lazy to put them into the wreath but figured that the squirrels would appreciate the ease of acquisition. Well, not one squirrel arrived to get a peanut. Not one. It got up to 34 degrees this afternoon so over time the nuts began to sink into the snow. Silly squirrels.


On to making! First I sat down to write. I had an idea rattling around in my head for the next scene and didn't want it to flee so I snatched it out and put it down on the screen. Eleven hundred seventy five words later I was happy with what came today.



After lunch I got out my paints and taped a couple sheets of paper to a board. I rewound the beginning watercolor class to the mark-making and painting leaves lesson and painted along. I still have trouble getting the paint to bleed the way hers does but I'm willing to sacrifice paper until I manage to get it right. Then I painted some branches with leaves. I like them, especially the one with the little berries on it.


Then it was time to draw. Out of How To Draw People I drew the next four figures on the last pages. Oddly enough the fence gave me the most trouble, making me erase time and time again to get the slanted picket right and it's still not right, but I gave up and moved on.



Next in Seuss-isms was this picture of a mama and baby kangaroo wearing collars that the Cat in the Hat made for them. I used an ink pen to outline them and then erased the pencil which made them much tidier since the pen didn't smudge under my hand as I drew like the pencil does.


I even had time to fold the basket of clean laundry, mostly socks, and put it all away before supper but there are no photos of that drudgery.


It started snowing ever so lightly around noon, stopping and starting until about seven o'clock when it began to snow with more vigor. I tried to take a picture of the snow that I see in the parking lot light behind my house but it didn't work so all I have is this shot with the tiny little flakes reflected in the flash. I don't think we'll get much accumulation but it'll be enough to make the roads slick. Thank you, winter.

 

I'm still doing step aerobics after finishing yoga every morning. My legs don't ache quite as much as they did yesterday but I look forward to the day when they don't ache at all. Keeping on keeping on.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad you were able to capture the chickadee. They are the cutest little birds. You did have a productive day. So satisfying.