Monday, January 23, 2023

Sunshine!

Well, filtered sunshine but it was definitely brighter this afternoon. Ahh.



I painted a bunch again today. I redid yesterday's painting and then tackled another of her examples. This one was triangles that were supposed to bleed into each other but I either had my paints too dry or too wet, couldn't seem to strike a happy medium. But then we painted a sky with blotted out cloud shapes, a branch with leaves, and a tree. My tree grew taller and got into my branch but that's okay. I think it all turned out okay. I'll try again tomorrow.


I only drew one picture today (because I painted so much). It's a Wren from Draw Like an Artist. I'm a big fan of Wrens and my Grandpa Stephan was an even bigger Wren fan. I remember him talking about the Jenny Wrens that came to his bird feeder. He liked their spunk and their song. I'm especially happy that its feet turned out better today.



Since it was a sunny afternoon I kept my eye peeled for sunset color in the western sky and was rewarded with this little glimpse of orange through the trees over TS and MS's house. It wasn't much but I was sure glad to see it.


I fired up the Wii again today and did a couple rounds of step aerobics and, I gotta tell you, my thighs are killing me but I'm not giving up. It's too icy on the street to walk and I have to do something. I sit around too much so it's back on the Wii with me.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Nice to see that little bit of orange in your sky. Some of our sunsets 🌇 are so beautiful. I think of you often when I'm looking at our sky. Cute drawing of the wren. Those and chickadees are my favorites.