Monday, January 2, 2023

Evidently

All I did was draw today. I thought I did other things, like go to the grocery, but there is no photographic evidence. I know that I slept late and yoga-ed late so my morning was pretty much shot. There were no interesting birds at the feeders today either.


First I opened How to Draw People and picked out the Princess and the Cowgirl to draw. Sounds like the title of a Hallmark movie, doesn't it? I had planned to draw the Cowgirl in jeans but then I just drew what I saw in the booklet.



Then from Seuss-isms I decided to redraw a Yep on a step--without the step. At least I colored it in so it's a little more interesting.


I went back to Hy-Vee to do my little bit of grocery shopping, mostly because they had Cara Cara oranges on sale and I love those. They're a kind of navel orange that's extra sweet and juicy, and only around for a short time in the winter. I strolled around the rest of the store looking at all the places in the food court, the pub (where they don't have Zambaldi beer), and mooned past the bread part of the bakery. I treated myself to half a loaf of Cheddar Jalapeno bread which I will say is delicious toasted and buttered. That's what I had for supper. But I don't think that I'll switch my regular shopping spot, Hy-Vee's a bit pricey, nice for a treat but too pricey for regular shopping.

The only other thing that I did today was carry up frozen meals so that they have a few days to thaw before I want to eat them. I lead an exciting life, don't I?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That grocery store sounds like Fresh Market--nice when you want something special but too expensive for everyday shopping. At least you got out of the house.