Saturday, January 14, 2023

And I Almost Missed It

I spent the day in the basement going through my yarn stash and came upstairs around 4 o'clock to see blue sky out the window. Blue sky! That meant that the sun could shine and I almost missed it. I grabbed the camera and hurried to the front door, opened it, and took a picture of the sun filtered through thin clouds and naked tree branches. It felt great to have to squint to look at the sun.



Sorting the yarn stash went well. I found only one kind of yarn that I know I will never knit so I pulled it out to donate to Goodwill and I only found three kinds of yarn that I hadn't taken pictures of and entered in my Ravelry stash. I went through seven totes of yarn, took out all the skeins, made sure the bags didn't have holes, and stored them by type and weight. Now there are notes on Ravelry as to what yarn I have, how much of it I have (too much), and where it's stored. If only the rest of my life was that organized.


Drawing was a quick thing today since I spent so much of the day working with my yarn. In Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals I finished drawing the rest of the things on the first page of the book. These children are looking at the smiling sheep and fox and the happy flying birds that I drew before. I think the bear/dog thing under the tree looks shifty. I'd be up in the tree too.


After supper I sat down to watch TV and finished Limited Edition Wingspan triangle number 7. I didn't take a picture because it doesn't look all that different from last night's picture. One more triangle to go. Thank heavens. I'm ready to be done with this shawl and now I have all sorts of yarn dancing around in my head for what to knit next.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You had a very productive day yesterday. And sunshine 🌞 to top it off. All that yarn reminds me of all the fabric your mom had. Maybe it runs in the family. I have a zillion little juice glasses and can never pass up just one more.