Saturday, January 7, 2023

Does Showering Count?

The sun was supposed to shine today. It didn't. Once again I was low on energy but I did take a shower. I'm hoping that counts as "doing something."


I was surprised and pleased to see a Cardinal at the platform feeder this afternoon. They don't visit often, not that I see them anyway, so I'm always happy when one shows up. A Nuthatch visited today too but naturally it spent the longest time on the suet pellets and the pellets feeder is now screened by the peanut wreath. I tried standing the crook up again but the wind pushed it right over again. Dang it.



I tried my hand at drawing a SCUBA diver two ways, standing and swimming. I was so nervous but I took my time and erased a lot and think they turned out okay.


Then I turned to the next bird in Draw Like an Artist. It's supposed to be an Oriole. I'm happy with it.



I spent most of the day rereading an old manuscript that I found on the Kindle app on my phone and drinking a mug of hot chocolate. Most of the story is pretty good and the hot chocolate was yummy. It was a great way to spend a dreary afternoon.


This evening I finished triangle number 6 of the Limited Edition Wingspan. I didn't take a picture because it doesn't look all that much different than it did last night after Friday Night Knitting. I barely started triangle number 7 before my hands felt tired so I put it down for the night.

I realized late in the afternoon that I was dangerously low on chocolate ice cream so I went over to ALDI which has the best chocolate ice cream (I think) and didn't run into a crowd. I try to avoid grocery stores on the weekend but I can't run out of ice cream. Horrors.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Showering definitely counts. Hope you could see the moon last night. It was full and just beautiful down here.