Sunday, January 29, 2023

And I Forgot To Draw

The sun shone today! I wasn't planning on going out because it was so cold but then I realized if I went out and scraped the tiny bit of snow off the driveway I could be in the sun for a few minutes, soak up some Vitamin D. So I bundled up and went out to shovel. It wasn't too cold, only 18 degrees, but sunny and not windy so it felt bearable. Tomorrow it's supposed to only get up to 3 degrees so I'll definitely be wearing my longies when I go to the grocery for bananas. Darned bananas, I can't buy too many at once because they ripen so fast so I end up having to get them every week or so but I couldn't get them yesterday at ALDI because I still had 2 bananas left and didn't want the new ones to get too ripe too soon. I know that I can put them in the fridge when they reach my preferred level of ripeness but I'm not a big fan of cold bananas. I know it's picky but I prefer my bananas at room temperature.



I tried my hand at painting circles sitting down today and it worked out okay. My back liked it better, that's for sure. I decided to go back to the earliest lesson in Beginning Watercolor to practice painting circles close together so that they bleed into one another. Because I'm so slow at it, I agonize over where to put the next circle, my paint is too dry and won't bleed. I was better at it today, faster. I did one painting with blue/green/yellow paints.


And one with red/yellow/orange paints. Beyond all understanding I think I like the blue one better than the red one. And I ordered a different paintbrush today because I watched another segment by the same painting teacher and she gave the brand name of her favorite brush, I looked it up, and it's very pointy so I want to try it. It wasn't too expensive. I love ordering things online.



I managed to capture this picture of a quartet of Mourning Doves pecking at the fallen seed this morning after the sun came out. Of course they were in the house shadow but I was just happy to see birds.


Because the sun shone all afternoon I kept my eyes peeled and managed to snap this picture of the sky at sundown. It isn't a breathtaking sight but I'm still happy to see any color but gray in the sky. And I saw an actual star in the sky when was closing the window shade. A star! That meant the sky was clear. Which means it's bitter cold but we need sunshine.


Instead of drawing I sat here and read through my latest NaNoWriMo manuscript, all 176 pages of it, the one that I thought was so dull and boring. Well, it isn't as dull and boring as I thought it was. There's still a lot of work to be done but it isn't quite as craptastic as I thought it was. Makes me feel better.

Evidently there was a burglary someplace on my street last night. Two friends messaged me this morning with a "Crime Report" posting by the police. It wasn't here and I didn't hear any sirens or anything although I was probably asleep when the excitement happened but you'd think that I'd hear it if it was that close by. I made doubly sure that my doors and windows are locked and latched.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Keep those doors and windows locked tight. I like all your circles -- they look like bubbles. I love shopping on line too. It's so easy but can be dangerous for an impulse shopper like me.