Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Blue Sky

 I was pleased to see pieces of blue sky when I opened the drapes this morning. It didn't last long but it was good while it lasted. Soon the thick overcast came back and the wind picked up. There's a Winter Storm Warning in effect for our county tonight and tomorrow. *sigh* 



So I went down to the library this afternoon to sort books instead of waiting to go tomorrow. There were boxes and boxes of books from what must have been a therapist or counselor. Nearly every book I laid my hands on went into the "Sociology" bin. That made the decision of where to put books simple but it meant that I filled the bin, emptied the books into a carton that got stacked against the wall, and nearly filled the bin again. Lots of single-subject books today.


On my way to the library I went out of my way to go to Office Max to pick up the Author cards I ordered last week. I think they turned out okay, they aren't a graphic design triumph but they'll get the job done. (I decided that it wasn't smart to have my email address and phone number on the blog.)



I finished drawing the shoes on the hats & shoes page of How to Draw People. They aren't very exciting but were easy to draw.


In Seuss-isms I turned to the page I drew last time and decided to turn my sketchbook 90 degrees and draw the whole page instead of just part of it. So we have the cat standing on a chair thinking really hard and what it's thinking up is a Glunk. No, I don't know what a Glunk is but it looks kind of like a dinosaur wearing a wig.


I was so proud of myself this afternoon. The nice Dropbox lady couldn't help me link the two accounts after all but she helped me see that I could sign in with my old old old email address, access my account that I got through Google Play on my phone, and finally finally finally cancel the subscription that I've had for years and never used. I've been trying to cancel it for months and it took about two minutes to do it once I was signed in with the right email account. And I was able to cancel another account for a knitting app that I didn't even know that I had while I was there. Hooray!

I got a 1099 form from Amazon because of the royalties they paid me which made me realize that I should probably pay sales tax on the books that I've personally sold. I called my tax accountant today and she's doing some research and will call me back. This author thing is getting complicated. Imagine how hard it'd be if I was successful at it!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I had an experience like yours yesterday with the Dropbox person. Mine was with a guy at AT&T. We've had three different accounts with them over the past few months and it was so hard to figure out what bill was for what account. Thank goodness AT&T has a store here and I could explain my dilemma to an actual human being. The world of technology is beyond understanding for me. He got it all straightened out. Hallelujah! Nice to see that blue sky 💙.