Friday, January 6, 2023

All I Did Was Stare

Today was one of those days when I could barely work up the energy to get dressed. I spent a lot of time staring out the patio door at the birds and squirrels. I only took one picture because every time I raised the camera to take a picture all of the darned birds flew away in a huff. So all I have is this single photo of a pair of Sparrows pecking at the seed and throwing it down onto the ground.



I did manage to draw. These are the last two people in How to Draw People. I think the rest of the pages are garments and body parts. Maybe I'll try my hand at drawing a SCUBA diver next time just to be wild. And original.


On the next page of Seuss-isms I found the Cat in the Hat and a little Cat in the Hat. They turned out okay, I think.



This wasn't much of a knitting week. I barely picked it up since Monday night so at Friday Night Knitting I didn't manage to finish the sixth triangle of the Limited Edition Wingspan. I'm close but I didn't make it. I'll finish it tomorrow or maybe Sunday and start the seventh (of eight!) to try to get back on the one-triangle-a-week track.


For about a minute this morning the sun peeked out of a gap in the clouds. It didn't last long before the clouds crowded in again and the sky turned gray and overcast. The weather guy said that we're supposed to have some sun over the weekend. That would be a wonderful change. It's been so dreary lately it's no wonder I can't muster up any energy to do anything.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I've had so many days like the ones you've been describing. The morning news just said it's been a hundred and one days since the hurricane and I've spent many of those in a funk. Hopefully the sun will come out for you today. Wish I could send some of ours up to you. The sky has been just beautiful the last few days.