Monday, May 6, 2019

Still Coughing

Evidently this cold doesn't want to go all the way away.  On the plus side I only woke up coughing once in the middle of the night and then at 7 o'clock when it was time to wake up anyway.  On the bad side I woke up coughing in the middle of the night and again this morning.  The cough doesn't hurt like it did last week but it's very annoying.  I had high hopes that my chiropractor would manipulate my neck and face this morning to make my sinuses drain and that'd be the end of it.  Not so.  If I'm still coughing in a couple days I'll head into the clinic.  I promise.



This morning this bunny was working on nibbling all of the juicy fresh shoots of grass and the cracked corn that fell from the feeder overhead.  Bunnies look so soft and harmless but they've eaten the tops of the lily leaves in the front and who knows what else.




I forget the name of the shrub at the corners of the house but whatever it is is growing leaves.







This evening I finished triangle number 5 of the Triangle Wrap.  Tomorrow I plan to put it around my shoulders to see if it needs another triangle or is a good length.  Either way it gets finished with an edge of single crochet all the way around which will give it a little body so it isn't stretched out of shape so easily.


My renter texted me that she'd gone to hear a speaker (at a funeral home, of all places) talking about using humor to help deal with being a caretaker and she thought I would like to go to the afternoon session.  So I did.  The speaker was very funny, it felt good to laugh for an hour.  Which means that I didn't really do anything today, I didn't even write the prompt.  (confession:  I've been writing them in the morning lately because I'm so ready to sleep when I get into bed)  So this is all there is.

It's supposed to cool down into the 40s and rain for the next few days.  Goodie.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope you get rid of that cough but it seems like a Spring cold kind of cough can hang on forever. Know that's not very encouraging so don't even listen to me! That shawl looks plenty long enough so time for a new project. Those bunnies can be very very hungry. They almost did in the new shrubs along our front walk. Took all kinds of methods to scare them away but we did it. The shrubs still aren't growing fast enough for me but I'm being patient.