Thursday, May 9, 2019

Good Times

Well, my prediction on Tuesday was wrong.  I had my first session with my new trainer, T, and my belief that I'm stronger held true.  He had me lifting weights and pulling bands and doing squats.  I sweated like a hog (as usual) but I did them all and didn't end the session huffing and puffing excessively.  Whew.  I suspect that my shoulders and upper back will be a little achy tomorrow but I really enjoy feeling fitter.



I woke up to more rain.  Yippee.  But I got smart and put on a raincoat with a hood and my rain boots to go out to fill all the bird feeders.  Aunt B chastised me for going out in the rain yesterday after just getting over a cold (I admit, not my brightest stunt) and I didn't want to get hollered at again, even long distance.



 

The only other thing I did today was knit.  I sat on the couch watching animal and scenery shows and I knitted on the May Seaman's Cowl and the first of the May Preemie Hats.  There wasn't anything that I had to do so I didn't, I just knitted.





9 May--Piet Mondrain, Composition with Large Red Plane, Yellow, Black, Gray, and Blue.  Tony hung his chart on the board at the end of the meeting room.  The management team sitting around the oval table got quiet and pencils were picked up.  Tony spent a few minutes getting his files in order, he sipped some water, and cleared his throat.  He looked up to see seven pairs of eyes staring over his shoulder at the chart.  Frowns creased a few brows, the rest looked blank.  The chairman began tapping his pencil on the table.  Tony said, "As you can see, sales have grown in several areas, while others have declined."  He clicked on a laser pointer.  "The red plane shows the area of greatest increase, followed by yellow, gray, black, and finally blue."  Miller spoke up.  "How exactly are we supposed to understand this?  It looks like a cubist painting, not a bar graph or a pie chart."  Tony smiled.  "That's the beauty of it, Miller.  It's impossible for a spy to steal."

I did one other thing today.  I filled out the info sheet and sent it and my check for twenty bucks in for my 50th high school class reunion in July.  Really.  I can't believe that it's been fifty years.  But it must be because my oldest child turned 40 last fall.  Do the math.  And I don't look a day over 50... in bad light... if you squint... and are a terrible judge of age.😀  G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Go to the head of the class. You paid attention to my (mild) reprimand so no more hollering from way down South! And congrats on the progress you're making with your trainer. Wish I could say the same. The Bodies in Balance class I'm now attending is so much harder than I anticipated. I'm not as limber and well-balanced as I thought. Unlike you, I seldom sweat but after about 45 minutes over there, I'm definitely "glowing."