Thursday, May 16, 2019

Orange Bird Doing A Headstand!


 





I saw it!  This morning!  No, really!  I kept looking out, hoping for another visit by the male Oriole that came by yesterday and he came.  Then he sent the Mrs.  I'm all a flutter over it.  Silly, I know, but they're so pretty and bright and flashy I can't resist gushing about them at the feeder.











Tonight was the Fair Isle lesson at the knitting guild meeting.  Glenyss from the Grafton Yarn Shop came up and taught a very clear lesson, giving us a little history lesson and then helping us learn to knit carrying one yarn in each hand.  May I say that trying to tension yarn in my right hand feels like I have my hand on backwards.  I found myself contorting my mouth as I tried to get my right index finger to loop the yarn around the needle and I still ended up dropping the yarn half of the time.  In an hour I managed to knit all of one and a half rounds which isn't very much.  Awkward, awkward, awkward.



When I left the guild meeting I noticed the big bright moon up high in the sky but when I got home it had hidden itself behind the clouds.  Once I got the curtains closed and put my purse and knitting away I took the camera outside to give it one more chance.  Ahh, beautiful.



Once again I ditched writing a prompt so here's more of yesterday's output:

16 May--Barbara Malcolm, The Seaview.  The sun was streaming through the front doors late that afternoon when I gathered up my sewing, folded the fabric and scraps into the tote, tucked the cords and presser foot into the sewing machine case, and got ready to carry it all out to the container to be locked in for the night.  As was his habit, Edward hurried to help me carry things.  "You need me to haul that heavy machine, Mrs. Rose?" he asked. "Oh, thank you, Edward," I said, "I appreciate your help." His lips curved in a pleased smile as he lifted the machine's case to take it outside.  I lifted the tote with the fabric and notions to follow him out across the road to the container.  He paused after setting down the sewing machine.  "Mrs. Rose, you mad at Mr. Iggy?" I stacked my tote on top of another one beside the sewing machine wondering where this was going.  "Well, yes, I guess I am. He hurt my feelings." Edward reached to touch my shoulder.  "He din't mean it, Mrs. Rose. He in love wit you." Tears sprung to my eyes and I turned away so Edward didn't see.  "He has a funny way of showing it," I said and walked back toward the Seaview.  Coming toward me like a parade were Silas, Iggy, and the rest of the workers so I blinked the tears away as best I could and kept my gaze on my feet.

All-righty then, I'm off to the Windy City tomorrow, or the western suburbs anyway, to commune with a gaggle of writing women for a couple days, therefore there will be no blogging because I am not taking my laptop.  Talk to you Sunday night or maybe even Monday, depending on when I get home and how exhausted I am.  Toodles!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can't believe you caught that bird doing a headstand. How you manage the many beautiful pictures you share is a gift. A gift to me and all us blog followers, that is. Once again the moon shot is a keeper. Have fun in the Windy City. Hope you don't have rain but the weatherman was not encouraging for that part of the country when we watched the news last night. Take an umbrella just in case.