Sunday, June 17, 2018

So Hot I Hid in the Basement

Hot and humid.  OMG, those two words barely cover how today felt and still feels for that matter.  I went out to unplug the fountain about half an hour ago and when I opened the patio door the outside air felt like a slap in the face with a wet heating pad.  Ack.  I ended up having to go out this morning for bananas, OJ, and jugs of Durwood's drinking water (he doesn't like the taste of our tap water) but I hurried home to cool off.

After lunch I went downstairs to almost finish cutting out the patterns I'd planned.  "Almost" because I forgot to cut out another placemat so if both LC and OJ are here they'll each have one.  I can get that cut out in a jiffy tomorrow, I have the fabric out and ready to be cut.  As long as I was down there I sorted dirty clothes and got the laundry done.

I cut out the map fabric/gray suiting Shirt no. 1, the natural heavy linen Pants no. 1 with side seam pockets, and the white and red print upholstery fabric Tunic no. 1.  Now I have a lovely pile of projects just waiting to be sewn up.  Which one to sew first?  Hmm, I'll have to see... a couple of them are clamoring in my mind to be first.



Once I had the cutting done and the last load in the dryer I gave in to temptation and cast on another cotton and elastic ankle sock.  I wore some on Thursday night and remembered why I like them so I had to cast one on.  Besides the Montparnasse Eco Cardi was the only thing I had On The Needles and it just felt wrong having only one thing going.  

June 17--Banasa, Morocco, Roman Period,  Head of Juno.  I ran my fingers ever so lightly across her cheek.  It felt cool to my touch but so smooth, like silk.  Her hair flowed away from her face like waves away from shore.  Her lips curved in a small smile and I expected her to speak but she kept her counsel.  Her steady gaze asked questions the answers to which made me squirm, but she never blinked, never spoke.  Her cold marble never warmed with the heat of life and I stood before her sorry that she would be forever silent.

Holy bejeebers it's hot.  I stayed up too late last night and got up too early this morning so I'm going to slap a couple photos on here, run spellcheck, post this, and go to bed.  *yawn*  G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Don't start with that heavy fabric. Too hot to be working with that. Thought about you when they showed the high temps all over your part of the world. Hot here too but hey, we're in the tropics! And we have the pool. Maybe I'll be tempted to take the plunge!