Saturday, June 30, 2018

Hot Morning, Stifling Day.

When I went outside this morning early it was still so hot and muggy I had the wet heating pad feeling all over my body and my glasses and the camera lens fogged immediately in protest for being removed from the ease of the air conditioned house to the near-boiling water in the air.  Or at least that's how hot the air felt on my tender flesh.  But the garden and the flowers are liking the heat.  I think we're supposed to have some rain overnight which will do nothing to cool us down or dry us out but we could use a little rain.



The straw bale garden looks gorgeous.  There are some nice tomatoes on the Early Girl bush.











I'm happy to report that the sweet potato plant has finally decided to grow


 


while the red-skinned potato plant is growing tall.








Lots of day lilies were opening to greet the sun and more zinnia buds are about ready to open.








Durwood's brother and his wife came to visit today.  We girls went out for lunch sandwiches for the boys, delivered them, and then went off to the Grapevine Cafe for a decidedly girly lunch.  She had chicken salad and I had a turkey sandwich but our food was so good that we both were too stuffed to eat much supper beyond a salad.  That's okay.  It was terrific to have them here even for such a short time.

 

After supper I managed to add a few rounds to the foot of the Blues Anklet.  A couple more inches of foot and it'll be time to toe.

Didn't write the prompt last night.  I was too tired from the heat and trying to keep up with a tiny nuclear reactor all day.  I'll write tonight, I promise.  Stay cool.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your straw bale garden looks like a regular farm. Everything thriving and happy out in all your heat. Glad you had the nice visit with the family. Short and sweet is always good. LD and Debbie came yesterday; left this morning. Worked for all of us.