Sunday, June 3, 2018

It's Burrito Day!

I can't believe it but I still haven't used all of that repulsive pink Glad Wrap that Mom had--and she's been gone almost  7 years.  Durwood ate the last breakfast burrito of the last batch on Friday and I had laid in all the ingredients--dozen eggs, package of 6" flour tortillas, breakfast sausage links, onion, bell pepper, cheddar cheese--last week so I was ready.  It doesn't take much time to put it all together, maybe an hour from start to sliding the tray of 15 1/2 burritos into the freezer.  I keep bottles of Taco Bell Mild Sauce on hand so he can just squeeze some on and enjoy.  I'm such a good wife.



I went around the house to see if the yellow iris was blooming.  It was!  It's so pretty.  I wish I had a lot more irises planted.  Maybe I'll find some on a clearance rack somewhere.







On my way back from admiring the iris I stopped to check on the garden's progress and look how much the green onions and the carrots have grown in just a few days.  Amazing.  Good thing I put that chicken wire around there, huh?  I have to go buy another thyme plant, though, the one I stuck in the end of the first bale died from not getting enough water.  Oh darn, I have to go back to the plant store.  Tsk.  Too bad.


This afternoon I discovered that 6 or 7 rows back I knitted instead of purled on the end of a Montparnasse Cardi sleeve row making an unsightly row of garter bumps on it.  Good thing I'm not afraid to drop the stitches down, one by one, to the boo-boos and use a crochet hook to fix them.  I'm leaving the last two bumps because between them and the needle is an increase and I don't know how to fix that.  

June 3--Georges de La Tour, The Cheat with the Ace of Diamonds.  Leo sat under the table.  Mama, Aunt Gigi, and two of their friends were playing cards.  Leo thought that they didn't know he was there because they were gossiping about anyone who wasn't there and if he had said those words he would have been burping soap bubbles for days.  This morning Minerva had gotten the table ready for the game.  She put the tablecloth on first and when she left to get the cards and chips he had ducked under the cloth meaning to pop out to surprise her.  Before he could carry out his plan Mama and Aunt Gigi had come into the room and he was trapped.  It was a good thing the table was big and round so there was room for him to sit and none of them knew he was there.  He was surprised to see Aunt Gigi's hand tug at a pocket in her skirt, pull out a card, and slip a different card back in.

That's it for me today.  I've got a load of laundry to go hang up out of the dryer and I just finished putting clean sheets on the bed.  I think that's plenty for a Sunday in June.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Ahhhh the never-ending pink Saran Wrap. Your breakfast burritos wouldn't be the same without it. Hard to believe those tiny wisps of green in the garden will actually turn into food. Springtime in Florida happens in amazing ways. The Frangipani that was just a bunch of bare stalks now sports big leaves and beautiful yellow flowers. I'm posting a couple pictures on FB for your viewing pleasure.