Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Little Sock-ing, A Little Front-ing

This was a busy day, appointment in the morning and visitors in the afternoon and early evening, so all I got to was knitting on the sock foot and the Montparnasse Eco Cardi front.  The garden got a quick look over but nothing noteworthy or new to report.


Here's the sock.  I'm about a third of the way to the toe, I had a lot of time to work on it this afternoon.  The colors aren't true in the photos, actually the yarn is purple, teal, and lilac, but since it looks like shades of blue in the pictures I named it Blues.


This is the left front of the cardi halfway knitted.  I'm concerned that the angle is too severe and will peter out before the piece gets as long as it's supposed to.  I'll take it with me to knitting tomorrow night to get LB's input.  She has a good head for figuring out stuff like that.  I may end up ripping this out and starting over decreasing every third row instead of every other one to make the angle more gentle.  I'm afraid if I continue this way there'll be a too-long straight strip up to the shoulder.  All this thinking and math--who knew that knitting required math?

June 21--Serge Gladky, Design from Nouvelles Compositions Decoratives.  They followed the realtor into the house and stopped, stunned into silence.  The great room with its soaring windows and cathedral ceiling was covered in the most god-awful wallpaper right up to the peak.  The background was a medium peach color overprinted with black, gray, and gold shapes.  Jean thought it was the perfect wallpaper for a torture chamber.  They walked through the rest of the house but both she and Charlie kept being drawn into the great room to gape at the wallpaper covered walls.  Finally Charlie broke the silence.  "Why?"

And that's that for me today.  I got myself into bed early last night and intend to do the same tonight.  You have a good night and a great tomorrow.  I think I'll take someone small to a playground if I can manage it.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That cardi item now OTN (and I hope you're impressed that I remember that acronym) sounds too complicated. And it's name is impossible for me to remember how to spell it! I like the sock better. Glad you're turning in a bit earlier. You need your rest to keep up with the small person at the park.