Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I Gave In To Temptation

I have very little to report today.  Most of my time was taken up with calling around to schedule estimates to get the leaking window wells of the rental side of the duplex repaired.  



Then I went downstairs to sew.  Look what I made--a red fishy Dress no. 1.  The fabric is outdoor fabric so it's pretty stiff which means it'll stand out instead of drape so I'll look a bit like an escapee from the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta but I don't really care.  Can you imagine how good I'm going to feel in this bright red dress?  I know I'll be smiling all the while.

This little plant is called penstemon.  I bought it last year and planted it in the row of blueberry bushes.  The bunnies didn't eat it down to the ground and according to the tag butterflies and hummingbirds like it.  It's kind of out of my sight line but I like its flowers and the purple green color of its leaves.






June 26--Amadeo Modigliani, Jeanne Herbuturne Wearing a Hat.  Her ice blue eyes stared at the rain.  She didn't blink; she was beyond blinking.  She didn't try to shelter from the rain; she was beyond that too.  Martin Ellsworth stared down at the young woman lying in a field behind the warehouse district.  He thought that her night had started with eagerness and gaiety but it ended here in the cold rain and litter.  Martin hated seeing people discarded like empty candy wrappers, carelessly tossed aside like they didn't matter.  That was what kept him on the force, kept him out hunting the people who held life in such low regard.

Those words came fast and with very little effort.  It's very satisfying when that happens.  Look, I'm might get to bed at a decent hour tonight.  Wish me luck.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Short but sweet today -- but colorful. You'll definitely make a statement in that red top -- and a happy one at that. Love the big fish all over it. And the almost mystery plant adds to the rainbow -- red, purple and green today. Nothing wrong with that.