Friday, June 29, 2018

Even Less

It was so hot and so humid today that OJ didn't want to stay outside to play this afternoon--and that's totally unlike him.  I didn't cook, didn't garden (except for tying up a couple tomato plants), almost didn't go to Friday Night Knitting because it's just too bloody hot to cross the threshold from air conditioning to "fresh" air.  But I did go to FNK and I finished the left front of my Montparnasse Eco Cardi.  The right front is next.  Maybe I'll get this sweater done by the end of August for Fringe Association's Summer of Basics challenge after all.

June 29--Franz Xavier Winterhalter, Empress Eugenie Surrounded by her Ladies-in-Waiting.  The circle of women looked like a bouquet of flowers but they sounded like a flock of chickens.  Peter stood at the entrance to the garden enjoying the view down to the river when the peace was shattered by a sudden cackling.  He edged toward the sound, staying in the shadows, and soon saw his cousin Jeanne with a bunch of her school friends.  They were all dressed for a garden party in colorful summer dresses.  He knew that they would soon be headed his way and he planned to be long gone before they corralled him.

And that's it.  I had another guy come look at the rental side's window wells to give me an estimate on fixing them so they don't leak into the basement anymore.  I suspect that this one will be the middle bid and we'll probably go with him.  I remembered to say the magic words as he was leaving, "we'll pay cash."  Get's 'em every time.
--Barbara

P.S. The chili powder on the seeds in the feeder didn't deter the chipmunks one bit. Grrr.

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are excused for the brevity of yesterday's report. Just the fact that you made it to the keyboard is good enough for me. It's too darn hot up there in your part of the world. Something not right about that. High temps down here - OK -- in GB not so good. Hang in there.