Friday, June 8, 2018

A Sleeve of a Different Color

Tonight I worked on the second Montparnasse Eco Cardi sleeve.  It needs four more stitches increased evenly on the edges and 10 more rows to match the other sleeve.  Then I get to trot out a different color yarn and start on one of the fronts.  Or maybe I'll get all brave and start on the back.  It'll be a nice rich dark red color.



My knitting friend, HH, is a bloodhound when it comes to finding bargains and she's beyond amazing at thinking of others so it didn't surprise me when she slid this book across the table to me tonight at Goodwill.  It's a previous version of WW's skillet supper cookbook--for seventy-nine cents.  Durwood and I are big skillet supper fans.  Sold!  Once I satisfy my hankering for chicken burritos tomorrow I'll be scanning the pages and picking some recipes to make.  I'll report.





I had an assistant today.  We went to play at the new Titletown District playground in the shadow of Lambeau Field.  They're building a tech incubator center next to the playground area and it was a challenge to interest OJ in playing when there were real diggers, cranes, and other machinery visible through the gap between fence sections.  We watched at a barricade first and one of the workmen said that when he was that age he was transfixed by them too.  He is one great kid, just like his sister.


June 8--Paul-Elie Ranson, Two Graces.  The women wore capes with hoods that ended in a point and a tassel.  They looked like creatures from an earlier age.  They flowed along the ground like they were on air.  Ray was reminded of the nuns in his grade school.  Their feet were hidden by their habits and for the longest time he was sure they didn't have feet but floated along like he imagined angels did.  He was confused by the women ahead of him.  They seemed to be in costumes but it wasn't Halloween.  There weren't any comic conventions in town as far as he knew, no Renaissance fairs either.  Maybe they were foreigners or maybe they were aliens visiting from a far-flung planet and didn't know how to dress American.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get the second sleeve sewn in the linen dress and finish it, then I'll cut out the next batch of things to sew.  Maybe I'll sleep past 6 o'clock.  Fingers crossed.
--Barbara

No comments: