Saturday, November 8, 2008

Question:

How many NaNoWriMo characters do you think speak English as a second language. It's a way to get around that contraction thing and have the stilted work in your favor! I'm telling you, Barbara, this is something to consider for next year. (Yes, I said next year -- you know you want to! Or at least I know you will come next November!)

Jennifer, Thursday was an impressive writing day for you at that word count, and that while you were waiting for a critique, to boot. Nicely done. I'm glad the critique was helpful. We all need whatever boost we can get.

So, I'm not NaNoWriMoing, but besides stating the obvious, I'm trying to follow in your examples and light a fire under my own butt. I finally emailed Rebecca Meacham today to ask her if she is interested in taking on a private student. Procrastination and self-doubt be damned, and I have you two to thank for the final push. So, "Thank you!"

Jennifer, is this weekend paying off like you hoped? Barbara, how are the cafes going? Bob, are you out there? Are you grounded?

Jenny

No comments: