Saturday, November 15, 2008

Capping

Wednesday evening I cast on for the Connor Cap. I tried circular needles but they made my hands ache so I switched to DPNs. Those were a teensy bit short for the number of stitches so I had to buy some longer ones at Patti's Thursday (along with a couple skeins of yarn, of course, since I can't be in a yarn shop and not buy yarn, it would be rude. Besides I wanted it so I can knit more Meathead hats with some sale yarn I got in Missoula. I'm not just buying yarn willy nilly, oh no, not me, I would never do that. [yeah, right, Barbara, pull our other leg]). I knit a bit on the Connor Cap Thursday night at knit night, but mostly I spent the time reading the first few pages of my novel, Horizon, to the knitting crowd. That was a terrific idea as they loved it, showered me with praise, and rekindled my enthusiasm for going over the manuscript for typos (the only thing left to do) and then mustering up my guts and starting to work to find an agent. Ooh, scary. But having the Horizon manuscript ready for publication is my second 2008 resolution and since I accomplished the first one (knit myself a sweater) I feel like I should, for the very first time in my life, accomplish this one too. Go me! I can do it!

I'm doing NaNoWriMo again. National Novel Writing Month for those unfamiliar with it. The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel manuscript in 30 days. We're shooting for quantity rath
er than quality here, folks, but it's still an uphill climb. I'm nearly halfway toward the goal, which is good since today's the 15th, and so am fitting my knitting around bouts of writing. But it's fun to be doing both of my favorite hobbies one after the other, kind of like tag-team hobbies. Anyway, after all that rambling, here's a picture of the Connor Cap as it was last night.



(Sorry to talk your ears off this morning but I'm feeling pretty darned good because Don's off on a little overnight and I'm pretending it's the old days. He'll be back later today and we'll both like each other a lot better for a while until we know it's time for him to go away for one night again. Hey, it works for us.)

No comments: