Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 11--Hardly Any Words

I'll bring the camera Thursday, so be on time, everybody, so we can take a new group picture. Good idea, Jenny!

I'm struggling. I have fallen way short of word count the last two days and need to write about 3000 words today to catch up. I don't know what's the matter, I just can't settle down and focus. Today I have Alphie with me at work and, by golly, I'm determined to write at least half that--starting right now!

Line of the day: Burke started walking toward her and as he got closer she could smell the clean scent of him, a mix of spices and soap and something else she thought might just be his own scent, a distillation of all the exotic places his ancestors came from and all of the experiences of his life.

Too much thinking and not enough typing was my problem yesterday. I swear I won't think at all today. Cross my heart.

Daily total: 733 words (disgraceful!)
Running total: 17,388 words

On your mark, get set...GO!
--Barbara

No comments: