Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 17--Groovin' Along

Yesterday it was hard to make myself write but I did and I like what I wrote. I'm heading into totally new territory so I'm having to work harder at it (and I do like to pamper myself with easy stuff, you know) but I'm pulling myself up by my bra straps, putting on my big girl panties, and getting on with the story. *snort* Man, I do amuse myself.

Jennifer, as far as a lesson goes, maybe do a little online research or find a chapter in a writing book that speaks to some aspect of writing you're struggling with, figure out a worksheet or a summary, then teach it to us with an example and a writing exercise. I almost always focus my "lessons" on whatever writing thing is getting the best of me at the time. As you can probably guess by now, we're pretty game for anything. Even if you just bring us some prepared exercises, that'll be fine too.

Line of yesterday:
Mona wondered how Manning had gotten his reputation as a ladies’ man. She thought he was good looking enough if you did not look too closely and he did have an air of rakish adventure about him but now that Susan had warned her about his dishonesty she knew that she was in no danger of falling prey to his charms. Jack was in a great mood when she got in. “Hey, baby,” he said from the patio. “Hop into a bikini, and come on out here. I have a pitcher of rum drinks we can share.”

Daily total: 1,366 words (a bit short)
Running total: 29,209 words

Jack is turning into a real toad--but I like it.
--Barbara



No comments: