Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 8--Crisis Of Motivation

Okay, I admit it, I was pouting because a glove I was finished knitting turned to crap so I sat on the couch in a really really crappy mood and punished myself by starting over and not writing until after 9 PM.

So, Jenny, no cafes were visited in the writing of my 1833 words yesterday. Natually because it was a cloudy and dreary day which would have been perfect for moody cafe sitting in, I stayed home. Today when it looks sunny but cold, I will go and check out at least the Harmony Cafe in the new Goodwill, if not Starbucks and Atlanta Bread. Although (contemplatively taps chin with one finger) I could visit each since they're only about a block apart from each other and only two blocks from here. Hmm, maybe I'll just get dressed right now, put on my "writer" hat, tuck Alphie under my arm and get outta here and not come back until I've written two days' worth.

Jennifer, I'm bouncing around too. No place does it say that your novel has to make sense or be written in order, nuh-uh. You can make as big a mess as you want and, let me tell you, I am making a mess.

Yay for emailing Rebecca Meacham, Jenny! You are such a talented writer, she would be a fool not to want to hitch her wagon to your star. Glad we could be an inspiration. (now if I could only be an inspiration to myself)

Hey, Yard-Bob, if you read this and it's not raining, or snowing, on Tuesday, wanna come over and finish the lawn? I'll call too just to make sure we connect. Is Writer-Bob doing any writing? Hope so.

Line of the day:
That night was the thirty seventh night in a row with no wind. During the day there was wind, plenty of wind. The trade winds blew out of the east as they are supposed to in this latitude, but when the winds dropped at sun down they did not just drop they died and did not resurrect until the sun rose in the morning. At first people laughed that the sun was dragging the winds with it as it made its way around the earth, but after a while the joke was not funny any more.

Daily word count: 1,833
Running total: 13,514 words

--Barbara

No comments: