Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Twirling Around

I was knitting on the Limited Edition Wingspan shawl this evening and realized that in not too long I will be needing another skein of yarn so I went downstairs, got out the swift and ball winder, and got to work. I wish all yarn came in pull skeins but a lot of the really good yarn comes in hanks that you have to wind either by hand or with a swift and winder. Durwood made me a swift so every time I use it I think of my wonderful husband who was a constant source of support and help. At first he held the skein between his hands while I wound it with the ball winder and thought that he was doing it wrong when I asked for a swift. I reassured him that he wasn't doing anything wrong, that I thought I was imposing on him. So he did some online research and then got busy in his workshop and made me one. He was such a good guy.



Some birds visited today! This Mourning Dove was all alone, pecking around through the wet seeds and rabbit raisins. Usually doves come in a small flock but this one was on its own.


Then a couple Juncos explored the top of the melting drift on the patio. I don't know what they find to eat on the snow but they are very thorough.



The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Titmouse. I don't think that I've ever seen one in real life but I think that I drew it pretty well. Even the feet turned out okay today.


Then I pulled out Drawing Cute to find that I had finished the critters section and moved into the food section. Here's a piece of cake and a cookie and milk. As the book title says, they're cute.


It was a dreary, wet day today. It didn't rain, not that I noticed anyway, and it wasn't cold enough to snow so it was just gray and gloomy. One of those days that any activity necessitated turning on a light. Ugh. I went out for a few minutes to fill the feeders and then to the end of the driveway to haul in the trash and recycling bins but I didn't have anywhere to go so I didn't.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hate days like the one you had yesterday 😒 . Sunshine 🌞 helps so much. Milk and cookies help too 😋 -- especially when they're cute like the ones you drew!