Friday, January 20, 2023

Only A Dusting

That snow that was falling when I went to bed last night didn't make much of a showing. This morning the driveway was barely covered with snow and the upper part where there was the most salt wasn't snowy at all. I planned to go out and scrape the driveway clear but my tenant beat me to it. Aw.

Not one bird or squirrel has shown up at the feeders the last couple days. I'll admit that I haven't gone out to fill up the feeders like I should have so there's really nothing for them but open water. That usually brings a few birds and a squirrel or two but not this week. *shrug* I'll go out on Sunday and fill the feeders. See if I can't encourage a little wildlife action for next week.


On the next page of Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals was the cat following the overly-friendly dog and two fish, one thin and one fat. They were fun to draw and color.



Then I flipped open Sketching to find these wedding cakes. Meh. It was something to draw.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished the Toe Cap that I cast on last night and then dived back into knitting on the Limited Edition Wingspan shawl.


In the afternoon I went on Creativebug website and watched a couple episodes of watercolor classes. I'm thinking I should get out my paints again and work up to painting something. It seems a shame to have all that paper, paints, and brushes just sitting there on the shelves in the guest room. Maybe I'll get things out on Sunday and have a go.

I hauled up a card table and a folding side table to take to the Military Ave. Market tomorrow morning. I've got my box of books, my bag o'chair, and my book money wallet all set to go. I hope I sell at least one book.

--Barbara

No comments: