Thursday, January 12, 2023

Sneaky Sunshine

Just when I thought that the whole day would be overcast and dreary the sun sneaked through a break in the clouds. Not for long but long enough to elevate my mood for a moment. And you can see how much of the just-before-Christmas snow has melted. I'm glad we had a white Christmas for IM.



One of the Nuthatches showed up this morning. It landed on the platform feeder and, once again, just as soon as I had the camera up and ready to shoot it flew over to the suet pellets. Grr. At least it stayed on the side closest to the house so you can see the darned bird behind the crook.


Then a trio of Chickadees arrived and spent quite a bit of time visiting the platform feeder, the round feeder, and perched on the top of the crook. I had to be quick and managed to get one shot of one of them on the platform feeder. They're so fast that I usually only get a picture of them flying or flown.



In the morning I got a haircut but after lunch I went down to the library to sort books for an hour. These two tables were full when I arrived and I managed to clear off one of them before my parking meter ran out. The bins and the shelves are already-sorted books.


Drawing wasn't very inspiring today. Out of How to Draw People all I found was a page of hats and shoes so I picked four and... meh.



From Seuss-isms I drew the right half of the page with the fishing boy on it. This cow looks very happy but I especially like the little bird perched in a tiny sapling.


When I got home from the library I sat at the table listening to an audiobook and worked on the bracelet made out of tiny rubber bands that I started yesterday. It didn't take long before it was long enough to go over my hand and around my wrist (it's very stretchy) so I followed the directions and attached the ends to an S-hook from the kit and now I have a trendy new bracelet. Somehow I think it's only trendy for 9 year olds but I like it.

 

I went over to Office Max after my haircut to take in a bag of papers that needed shredding and to order some new business cards. Turns out it's less expensive to design the card online and just have it printed. I'll be able to pick them up within the week.

Oh, and I looked out when I came back here to find that it had snowed just enough to barely cover things. We're having crazy weather.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

A cute bird appeared in our backyard the other day but didn't stay long. Your mention of a nuthatch made me look it up so maybe I saw one. But not sure they appear this far South. Still it was a rare sight and very cute.