Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Blue Sky

Well, little pieces of it in the afternoon anyway. I noticed that it was lighter outside after about three o'clock and looked up to see little slices of blue sky. It was too late in the day for sunshine to make it through the gaps in the clouds but it was enough to see the sky.



First thing this morning it was raining. Not a lot, more like drizzle, but still it's January in Wisconsin and we had rain. I think it got up to about 39 degrees today so the rain didn't freeze on the streets, thank heavens but I'm sure it did in the western part of the state where they've had more snow and therefore it's colder. I went to the grocery in the late afternoon and it wasn't slick at all. Whew.


I sat down to write this morning and managed to crank out a little over three pages of novel before I ran out of words. I'm happy to say that the words that are coming lately are much more interesting than a lot of the NaNoWriMo words were. That's okay, I can fix the boring ones in rewriting but I'm excited when better ideas come. One of the Writer's Guild members proposed that we rent a booth at the neighborhood winter market which is only $20 a time to try selling our books. I told him that I'm willing to take part so we'll see what happens on the 21st. Wish me luck.



I did not have a lot of drawing luck today. The page in Sketching was all about babies and I have to say that my scuba baby looks like it should star in a horror flick so I'm not sharing it. On the next page of Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals was this funny looking sheep and a happy fox (I think). They were a lot more fun to draw than the scary babies.


There was this bracelet making kit in my Christmas stocking that I finally got around to opening this afternoon. It reminds me of the old spool with nails in it that we used to make knitted cord with when I was a kid but this spool-thing uses small rubber bands to make bracelets. It's kind of tedious to do but also kind of engrossing.


I didn't see many birds at the feeders today and only one squirrel. They tend to come when I'm doing yoga so I don't get pictures of them. Maybe if I got up earlier and got moving earlier I'd see more birds. Maybe, but I'm not motivated to get up early just for that. I'd rather snuggle into my warm bed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Even just a peek of blue sky can make a difference. Nice picture and I'm glad you captured it.