Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Gotcha!

The sun peeked out again this afternoon so I went out the front door with my camera at about 3:45pm and snapped this picture. I know it doesn't look like it but the sun was blazing between the tree branches across the street. It was short-lived but I loved it. It really lifts my spirits when the sun comes out.



This morning I went down to Zambaldi Beer to see what DS was up to. He was sanitizing one of the big tanks in preparation for transferring a batch of Yard Games IPA into it. I'm amazed that he gets all the hoses connected and then reconnected keeping his process in mind all the time. I got to sample the new coffee amber beer that will be on tap next Monday too. It was pretty darned good and smelled great. I got a surprise when I was about a block and a half away from the brewery. All of a sudden I could smell beer brewing in the car. There must have been a south wind carrying the aroma of malted barley up the street.


After lunch my first order of business was to take LC's dress downstairs and figure out how to close up the button placket. She wore it on Saturday and said she didn't like that it didn't button all the way to the top. I found an uncut buttonhole for the second button that I opened but there was no way I could make another buttonhole for the top button. First there was just too much fabric that would have had to be gone through and second, the placket edges tapered outward so trying to make them overlap made it gap and bulge untidily. I ended up drawing the pieces together as much as I could and sewing the edge down so it doesn't open anymore. I hope that this works for her.



Then I pulled out my drawing things. First I paged through Sketching to find this globe flying an airplane with clouds with peepers in them hovering overhead.


Next in Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals I found this horse and cow. This has to be the world's worst horse picture ever. The body isn't bad but the head is pathetic. The cow's a little better, at least it's walking away, but the horse is looking right at you and it looks so sad. I couldn't bear to color them although that might have made them look better. I'm sorry, horsie.



I took another stab at painting a tree. This one has its own piece of paper so I didn't have to worry about it crowding another painted object. I painted the trunk the way she showed it but I'm not sure that I like that it doesn't go all the way to the ground. Maybe I'll try another tree tomorrow. Or maybe I'll move on to a leafy wreath. She goes so fast I have to keep stopping the video and rewinding it to keep up.


It's supposed to snow tomorrow and then get real cold. Yippee. Maybe I'll fold the basket of laundry tomorrow. However, I still have a few pairs of socks in the drawer...

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Still a lot of snow in your neighbor's your but glad you got a little sunshine.