Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Nope

Well, we had sunshine yesterday. That was good. But not today. Not a ray of sunshine, only thick gray clouds. I felt so bummed by the return of the gray after only one day of sun. The weather guy promised more sun last night and I believed him but he was wrong. Now he's not promising any more sunshine until maybe the weekend. Maybe. That's after tomorrow's possible freezing drizzle. *sigh*


The Sparrows came to the feeder this morning. There was a good-size flock of them on the ground and these few on the feeder casting seed down to them.



Then this Mourning Dove showed up and scattered the Sparrows. Usually there are more doves but today only one came.


I'm showing off today's Daily Art page because it turned out, much to my surprise. The prompt said to draw the negative space around a row of bottles. Well, I didn't have bottles but I did have a beer mug, a wooden vase, and my water bottle so I lined them up and got to work. This turned out much better than it would have if I'd have had to draw them. Amazing.



The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. That's a lot of tail for what looks like a small bird but it was fun to draw. I think I've gotten more relaxed about drawing these birds and I'm happier with the outcomes.


Then I pulled out my favorite 10-Steps: Nature to find a Seal to draw. I like the way it turned out and am especially happy with the pebbles around it.



After lunch I got out the slide projector, went downstairs and dug out all twenty or so slide carousels, and started watching at the beginning. Most of the first three were scenery without people, not very interesting, then the kids started showing up and things got more interesting. I watched a dozen trays of slides and need to go back over them slowly to take out the ones I don't want to have copied onto CDs. It's going to be a big job but winter is long.


This is what I looked like 40 years ago. Sorta the same (no gray hair yet) but DS has gotten a lot bigger. I still have the same lamp on the same end table, though.


The only other thing I did today was to portion out the chocolate ice cream so I'm not tempted to just dig into it with a spoon. It's been that kind of week. I could easily just sit and eat it all.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You have a big job ahead of you sorting through all those slides. But winter is long. And you're right about not changing much though the years. Still the same sweet smile.