Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Sun Peeked Out

For just a few minutes at midday, the sun peeked out of the thin cloud cover. I was sitting at the table and noticed that it was brighter all of a sudden. Sunshine! I know that this is not a great picture but I love that I can see the shadow of the house on the snow. The weather guy keeps taunting us with promises of possible sunshine in the days to come but I'll believe that when I see it.



In the afternoon I sat down to see if I couldn't crank out some words of Seavew2 (or whatever I end up calling it). First I procrastinated for an hour reading blog posts on Modern Daily Knitting, then I surfed Amazon to see if I could find some better sketchbooks, I looked at the click bait on my computer's news feed, and then finally got into Word to see about writing something. Anything. I had brainstormed some ideas about what could possibly happen and ran across the paper the other day so I grabbed one of the ideas and ran with it. Got almost three pages before I ran out of steam. Now, it's not great literature but it's words and I'm happy with most of them. Hooray!


On the first page of Dr. Seuss's Book of Animals were these two birds happily flying over a bucolic scene. I'll tackle the rest of the animals on the page, and the two kids, over the next few days. Don't want to overdo the fun.



In Sketching I found this happy champagne bottle blowing its cork. I struggle with making the two sides of bottles like this match. I can't tell you how many times I erased the right side and redrew it before I decided that it was good enough.


Tonight's the last regular season Packer game here in town. It's suspiciously quiet over there. Usually if the Packers score they shoot off some fireworks but I haven't heard any in a while. Whatever the outcome, it'll be over for another year, well, not a year because they start yammering on about football almost as soon as one season ends. I don't understand the attraction. I know, it's a wonder they let me live here.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Guess you won't be hearing any fireworks from Lambeau for another year. Too bad the Pack couldn't eak out a win. Just not good enough this year 😪