Thursday, April 20, 2017

BRAT & Time Does the Trick

I'm feeling (almost) normal this morning.  One of my very first knitting friends recommended the BRAT diet with plain yogurt, so I looked it up and I was halfway there already.  (thanks a million, KD) It's Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast, a diet pediatricians recommend when patients have been throwing up or having the trots.  There was an explanation on the site but essentially all those foods are easy on touchy tummies and digestions and also have "firming" properties.  I added the yogurt to reintroduce healthy bacteria and found a reduced price loaf of honey oatmeal bread on the bakery cart so I'm not reduced to eating soft white bread,  Yuk.  (that's only acceptable in a pimento cheese sandwich--hmmm--no, Barbara, no! not until you're a whole lot better)  Here's a photo of my biggest clump of daffodils to clear your head from all the sick talk lately.



I got knitting on the Hempathy Brambling Shawl again yesterday.  I'd read a hint on The Lounge on Mason-Dixon Knitting about rolling up the dangling part of it so it doesn't snag the yarns quite so enthusiastically.  I had a couple coil-less pin markers in my bag and put them to use which made a world of difference in the annoyance and tangling departments.  This is the wrong side of the piece, look how tidy the line where the colors join is.  I suspect that my shawl will be more of a shawlette because this yarn isn't fluffy like the pattern yarn but I really love the way it's looking.  It'll be a long knit but it holds my interest.


It's extra-gray and drizzly today so the only picture I have for you is the sedum that's in the bed outside the patio doors.  It's one of the first perennials to sprout on the north side of the house.  I really like the gray green of the foliage.


April 20--Sandro Botticelli, La Primavera.

Every thing comes to life,
buds burst into bloom,
love comes to birds, beasts.
Every one shines with new light.
Winter does his best to stay,
his blue hands grasp the warming days
but they slip into Spring
without a backwards glance
~~~~~

I had a quick doc's appointment this morning before work, what they call a med check to make sure I'm taking all my meds correctly, that my BP is good (it's better than good, it's perfect), and to renew any Rxs that need it.  It takes all of 20 minutes and I think the peace of mind is worth leaving home a bit early.  Now I'm at work wondering if anyone will be thinking of diving on such a damp, chilly day.  Time will tell.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That clump of daffodils is enough to brighten anyone's day. My sedum has revived too. It's in a pot that gets no attention; looked absolutely dead a few weeks ago but is now filled with those gray-green leaves. Renews my faith in Mother Nature. Glad you're feeling better. All things pass.