Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Bucoloic Views

(That's a fancy way of saying plants, sunshine, and birds.)

I didn't make it outside this morning until after the sun popped up over the trees and fence so it was glaring at me.  Not a good photo op, so I crouched down (yes, I can still do that at my advanced age--barely) to take a picture with the sunlight reflecting through the fountain.  Next to it is a pot with red Petunias and Lantana.  My Grandma Angermeier grew Lantana; her face comes to mind whenever I see it, that and Dusty Miller.









Durwood's Health Kick tomatoes are about ready for picking.  These are the Blossom End Rot ones so we're happy to see them red and juicy looking with perfect bottoms.




On the other side of the patio the sole surviving Nasturtium has opened another flower.  Don't you just love the colors?  I do.  I also wish the @#$%& chipmunks and squirrels hadn't dug up all of the rest of the seeds I planted the night after I planted them.  One plant's kind of skimpy looking.  Maybe I'll grab another packet of seeds and see if I can't outfox the critters.  I wonder if Goodwill has any left?  I could plant a blue million of them for hardly any money.  Maybe I'll swing by on my way home from work.




This is the season of fledgling birds coming to bathe and feed.  There was a baby Cardinal at the birdbath for a split second and these two Bluejays swooped in to eat the cracked corn LC sprinkles in the grass when she helps me fill feeders.



 
I'm to the garter edging on the Black Bean shawl and into the third skein and I wonder what I'd use the remains for so I'm thinking I'll extend the edging until I use of most of it.

I was so tired last night that I fell instantly asleep.  Didn't write, didn't do my ankle exercises, didn't even manage to turn out the light.  Durwood did it when he came to bed shortly afterward.  Voting's hard work, I guess.  The least objectionable of the two Congressional seat candidates I wasn't a fan of won.  My guy came in third but realistically he didn't stand a chance.  I'm just glad the guy I really didn't like came in second.  Maybe I'll look into the other party's candidate for the job.  Off to work.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

All great pictures today. That tomato looks so tempting. I bet you've eaten it by the time you read this. Hope so.