Wednesday, July 20, 2016

We Have Sock!


I plonked myself on the couch yesterday and knitted the last rounds of Autumn Cumulus sock cuff, then I wove in the (only) 2 tails and it was done.  Finished.  As in, I don't want to see that sock again for a while.  At least until it gets a lot colder around here.  I tried it on and it fits.  It's a little long in the foot but I suspect that'll even out when it gets its first bath.  This weekend I'll soak it, roll it in a towel to squeeze out the water, and pat it into shape to try.  Then I'll put it away (and out of my mind) until the weather turns frosty.

 All I did yesterday was take my car in for an oil change (and two new tires a couple months before I'd planned to replace them [goodbye, $300]) and then take me and the old guy to the doc for a quick med check and short discussion of our general health.  Which means I rejoined Weight Watchers online last night, downloaded their app to my phone, and will be clambering back onto the straight-and-narrow.  Let's face it, I've been eating anything I damn well pleased since April 1 and not being very active so I knew this day was coming (and I'll confess to cramming in all of the ice cream and chocolate I could stand for the last few weeks).  I made some broccoli slaw with light Marzetti's dressing, a little cheese, and some turkey lunchmeat to stuff into pitas for lunches along with a small dish of fresh fruit.  I don't know why I veer so far off; I love eating the WW way with lots of fruits and even more veggies.  I guess I don't like anyone (even myself) telling me what I can and can't eat.  Let's not forget "should" which is a big negative motivator in my world. 

Last night when I took out the trash I noticed a bright light tangled in the tree branches to the east.  As I crossed the street to put our paltry, half-full bag of garbage in the neighbors' bin (why roll ours out when they had room for another little bit? it's a too smelly time of year to ferment garbage for two weeks.) I saw the full Thunder Moon (or Buck Moon, if you're Native) peeking through a gap in the leaves.


I'm off to the chiro on my way to work so I'd better get a move on.  I didn't write last night, I was tired and just didn't feel like it.  Stay cool, the heat wave's on its way.  Lemonade, anyone?  Ooh, iced tea.  I should get a jar and make some sun tea today.  I could snip some mint leaves to put in too.  Great idea.  See ya.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Well that sock truly is a wonder thing. Looks so complicated. But hooray for you for yet another finished project. Finished Sudoku afghan coming soon?????