Sunday, July 10, 2016

I Just Hate Days Like That

Yesterday was one of those days for me.  A day when for no apparent reason I was on the verge of tears most of the time.  A day when every failing or faux pas of my recent past came marching by to taunt and heckle me.  I sulked around in my jammies as long as I could, then went to JM's wedding which was lovely, then came home to sink back into my funk.

At least I was semi-productive.  I went to the grocery for an Rx on the way home and then, after changing into shoes that didn't make my broken ankle ache quite so much, I finished July Preemie Hat #1--and that is peachy-orangish yarn in that stripe, a whole lot orange-er than it looks in the picture.  Then I heated up some leftover spaghetti and meatballs while Durwood cooked the pasta and garlic bread baked.  We even managed to time everything so it was all done simultaneously, which as we all know is quite a trick.

Talking to my DD helped but I stayed up until midnight staring, slack jawed, at the TV watching people buy houses on beaches wishing I had a beach to overlook too.  Envy is NOT a great mood elevator.  I finally just gave up and went to bed.  Didn't even write a prompt.


This morning the celery is looking very energetic and will probably get a new pot with actual soil in it sometime today.

I think I'm going to go down and sew a bit while a load of laundry flops around.  That is all.



1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh I HATE days like that. And I'm glad it's over. Know you won't stay down long. The preemie Dolphins fan hat is perfect!