Tuesday, August 4, 2015

On To Hat Part #3

It was quiet-ish at work yesterday so I got part #2 of the Dobby Hat(s) done and cast on for part #3.  This next part has cables, I like making cables.

The sun was up when I opened the patio curtains this morning but not too high in the sky that it looked like full daylight.  I usually open the curtains before 7 o'clock so it's not like I'm in bed until noon but I like it when it looks like morning, like the day is new.

August 4--Frank Balthis, Gray Whale Spy Hops.  The dark shadow in the depths grew larger and larger as Ellie swam along the drop-off.  The divemaster had said in his briefing that there were reports of whales and sharks in the area and Ellie had been hoping to see them both on the dive.  The boat had taken them away from shore and away from the kelp forests, out into the open ocean where the great creatures swam.  Ellie lagged behind the group.  Twenty years ago her dive instructor drilled into his students that a dive wasn't a race, that they should swim slowly and see more, so that's what she did, which was why she was alone when the huge, dark shape rose up under her.

That's all I've got today.  Feels like my brain's turned off.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You must model that hat when it's finished -- either on your head or LC's. It looks like it's going to be so cute!! Reminds me of a time when Nancy's Michael was a little boy and in a play at school --The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins.