Friday, January 2, 2015

Making New Year's Day

Yesterday was a making day.  I talked to each of our children, had lunch, and then spent the rest of the day sewing and knitting.

I made some bright coasters because LC likes to play with the subdued ones and bright is more stimulating for little minds.









I made another bib.  I need to redraw the neckline, it's just too wide for our dainty girl, but I love the "diaper cover" fabric, it wipes clean so easily, but don't iron it on the back.  Ask me how I know.  Also that iron cleaning paste stuff really works.





After supper I finished the third mitten of the first pair of Two-Needle Mittens.  I'm disappointed that it goes with the first, plainer mitten but am thinking of giving all three as a "pair" so the recipient can mix them up if she's a wild and crazy girl.  I also found a hat pattern that I'll make with two strands (it'll be quicker) to match.









 
Then because it's been nagging at me for over a week I cast on a Fast Mitten to go with the Fast Hat I knitted last month.  (yes, I'll make two mittens)  My hands have been cold and the new prez of the knitting guild declared January the month of the mitten so I'm knitting mittens.




I didn't write last night.  Durwood and I went to bed at the same time (gasp, we hardly every do that) and snuggled (giggle).  It was sunny and in the 20s today, actually not bad for a day at the very beginning of January.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You sound upbeat to begin the new year! Projects completed and new ones lined up. Mittens finished, hats next. You're in business!!!