Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Beat the Rain...


but just barely yesterday, getting the leaves down to the curb before the giant raindrops started to pound down.  Whew.  Turns out our leaf blower is busted so I had to put the bag on the lawnmower and empty it every other minute but I got a tiny bit smart and laid out a tarp to empty the bag onto so I didn't have to haul it down to the curb and back a bazillion times.  That was the good part.  The bad part was swapping the lawnmower for the snowblower in the front of the garage.  *sigh*  I know it's the middle of November and I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin (they don't call it the "frozen tundra" for nothin') and yet I'm just not ready to give warm weather back so soon.  It rained all last evening and it's raining again right now.  *double sigh*  Good thing I got the leaves, well most of them anyway, down to the curb.

This afternoon DS & DIL1 are playing their first concert with the So-So Symphony this afternoon as the opening act for the Green Bay Youth Symphony.  They're in a group of ex-high school musicians gathered up by a Symphony conductor (I think) fashioned after The Really Terrible Orchestra in Scotland (you need to watch this video).  I can't wait to go to one of my kid's concert again.

November 17--Etienne Delaune, Armor for Henry II, King of France.  Hank looked stiff, like his suit was made of steel instead of wool.  Judith thought he held himself like he was afraid he'd cut himself on his shirt collar if he unbent a bit.  God forbid he should smile.  "They don't bite, you know," she said.  They sat side by side on the vinyl-covered bench outside the banker's office conference room.  His briefcase bulged with proof that they should get the load they needed to open a bookstore.

I've got a hankering for apple pancakes for breakfast, too bad we don't have any sausage.  Time to grate fruit and stir batter.  Au revoir.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That orchestra the kids are in sounds like one my sister-in-law started in Winston-Salem. It's been a big hit there and I hope yours is as well.