Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scarves

Yes, that's right, scarves, plural. Paging through the book to find the Sea Foam scarf pattern and saw one called Fish Net, knitted in chocolate brown bamboo. I couldn't get it out of my mind and how it'd be cool looking in cotton with seashells knitted into either end. I stopped at Hobby Lobby after work on Thursday and bought a skein of brown 50/50 cotton and acrylic and some shells from the jewelry makings department. Then, once I had the raw ingredients in hand, I couldn't resist casting on.




The Sea Foam scarf is going well, too. I switched to metal needles which seem to be easier to work the very thin yarn with.









I also broke down and ordered some Knit Picks straight needles since they're reputed to be the sharpest after Addy Turbos. Can't afford those.

1 comment:

Ann said...

They're both beautiful, Mom! So are your flowers.