Saturday, April 24, 2010

Man, I Keep Forgetting Stuff

I had every intention of putting these two pictures onto the previous post and while I was typing those few words, I forgot them. An hour or more after I logged off, I remembered while I was in the basement getting a fresh box of waxed paper. Now, what about that little chore reminded me of posting pictures of flowers I have no idea.

All of the buds on Mom's orchid plant have opened. It's just beautiful, and she's justly proud of being able to keep it alive.









Last night at knitting
Zoe asked about some small purple flowers she saw at the zoo last weekend and I thought she might mean Grape Hyacinths. Here are some growing in my front yard alongside some coral-y, pink-y tulips washed with pale lavender on the outside of the petals. Those tulips were a surprise; I bought an unmarked bag of tulip bulbs on sale a few autumn's ago and just planted them. At first I was sorry that they weren't red, or yellow, or red and yellow, but I find that these pink-ish, orange-ish, purple-ish tulips are the ones that please me the most. I had hoped they'd be blooming when DS and DIL come to visit in 10 days or so, but I'm afraid they'll be all finished by then. So, sweet DIL, these make me think of you.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I think I need to go back to the zoo. I'm not sure if they were Grape Hyacinth or just purple Hyacinth.

http://www.gardensablaze.com/Bulbs/BulbsHyacinth.htm

~Zoe