Monday, April 19, 2010

Not a Very Knitty Weekend




For some reason I didn't do a lot of knitting over the weekend. I don't know why. I did frog that silk and mohair scarf--again. It was pretty but not what I wanted. Zoe had started a lacy scarf last week after seeing what I was doing the week before and hers was all hole-y and open whereas mine was solid, pretty but not what I was thinking of. Then I had a brainstorm. I have a book called Ocean Breezes which is chockful of scarf patterns with a sea theme, and there in that book was one called Sea Foam made for that skinny yarn. So once again I carefully frogged my knitting, separated them into two piles, rewound them into cakes, and cast on. I had thought I might alternate the yarns, doing one pattern repeat and then switching, but I couldn't figure out how to make the idle yarn travel up the side without looking bad, so I just put them together again and cast on. It took me a couple pattern rows to understand what I was seeing on my needles and to grasp the symmetry of the pattern, but I got it, and it goes fast. And I picked out another one to do next, I just have to find the perfect yarn and some seashell charms.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Your scarf is beautiful! It looks like the same stitch pattern as my swine flu scarf. Love the yarns!

Barbara said...

It is the same pattern. I like it too. The creamy yarn is lovely to knit with and there's a lot of it, so I'll be able to make something else with it. Yay.