Thursday, October 19, 2023

Why Did I Wait?

It was a little drizzly this morning so the landscapers didn't get here until about noon. They work fast and do the fall cleanup in a jiffy. It's two women and a man, the man is supposedly in charge but I can tell that the women boss him around like crazy. It was partly sunny while they were here.

Then I came back here to start a second (third?) reread of the 1st person POV manuscript and promptly dozed off. I needed to go to the grocery for bananas and blueberries and, of course, when I woke up it was sprinkling rain. When I got to the grocery it was kind of raining and when I came out of the grocery it was pouring. Why did I wait? I should have gone as soon as the landscapers left but I didn't realize that it was going to rain.


The male Cardinal claimed the platform feeder again today. He even came in the rain but I wasn't able to get a picture then, it was too dim and he didn't stay long. No female with him today. Maybe she got a better offer.



I decided just to draw a couple Zentangles today instead of moving forward to learn new tangles. If I keep practicing them I'll be able to draw my own versions instead of always copying what I see in the book. At least that's my plan.



I was supposed to go to the clinic this morning to have fasting blood taken but I woke up coughing around 2am, popped a cough drop, and then lay awake for the next three hours berating myself for breaking my fast. I didn't fall asleep again until 5:30am so the alarm at 7am was unwelcome, to say the least. I called the clinic right away and was able to reschedule for tomorrow morning. Whew. Honestly, I'm my own worst enemy.

The rain kept me from walking today but it also caused me to walk much faster into and out of the store and I concentrated on walking briskly around the store so I feel like I did a little good. I'm a work in progress.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Maybe one cough drop wouldn't have counted as breaking your fast. But you're a good girl to get it rescheduled and do it right. Glad you have those landscapers come to clean up your yard and not try to do it yourself.