Friday, October 20, 2023

I Had to be Quick

I was taking a picture of a Downy Woodpecker that swooped onto the round feeder this afternoon and saw that a couple Chickadees were tag teaming the platform feeder so I quick widened my lens and got a picture of a Chickadee just about to fly away.



Here's the Downy Woodpecker too. I love watching them land on the round feeder because they seem to enjoy riding the turning of the feeder that their arrival causes. They like riding the Slinky when they land too but I haven't seen that in a while.


I worked on a couple Zentangles this afternoon. I took my time and practiced a couple tangles that I'm not very good at especially the one called "poke root" which is that little ball with a stem that you draw in a cluster. For some reason the rhythm of that one escapes me. But I'll keep practicing it and will get it eventually. I like the big swoopy leaves of the stand-alone tangle in the lower left.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I worked on the Muchness Scarf. It's getting pretty long but every time I check to see how much is left of the ball of yarn it doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.


I had my fasting labs blood draw this morning and despite drinking a lot of water the last few days the tech had a terrible time getting a good vein. They'd either collapse or roll away when she poked them. To tell you how she struggled, I came home with four bandages on my hands and wrists. Yikes! Fortunately it didn't hurt much, it was just frustrating.

I was a good girl and took a walk this afternoon. It was just beautiful, sunny and warm, with all of the trees dressed in their best fall colors. But I'm losing patience. I want to get better faster but I guess I was in such poor shape that I've got a long way to go. Sitting down is so much easier.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Four bandages!!! That's almost like minor surgery! Glad you've got that behind you.